It's Right. It's On Time. Or It's FREE!
- Expert Help on all Your Projects
- High Quality and Fast Turnaround
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee!
Hot Foil Stamping - Make Your Printing Pop
Nothing in print says "elegance" like foil stamping, but what exactly is it? Foil stamping, hot stamping or hot foil stamping is the application of pigmented or metallic foil to paper using pressure and a heated die. The die presses the foil onto the surface under pressure, leaving the design of the die on the paper.
Foil stamping, or foil printing is frequently combined with embossing to produce a three-dimensional image. You've likely seen this effect on holiday cards, wedding invitations and certificates. There are so many ways to use foil stamping to set your print apart from the crowd.
Types of Foil
There are many types of foil that can make your printed piece pop.
- Metallic Foils have a metal-like sheen and a shine or shimmer, and come in a variety of colors, such as gold, silver, copper, green, blue and red.
- Gloss Pigment Foils have a high glossy, but non-metallic finish and come in many colors.
- Matte Pigment Foils have a dull finish with deep solid colors.
- Special Effects Foils such as marbles, woodgrains, leathers or pearl add distinctive textures and looks.
- Holographic Foils use the transfer of a hologram image onto unique foils. Holographic foils add a dramatic effect that often provides a "high-tech" look.
- Scratch-Off Foils cover and hide things that can be revealed by scratching, creating truly interactive print.
Benefits of Hot Foil Stamping
- Greater brand perception: Research shows that by adding gold foil printing or other interesting effects to your piece, consumers perceive a higher value and quality of your product.
- Attention-grabbing effects: Foil stamping helps make your printed piece stand out from the crowd with its distinctive and eye-catching appeal.
What can you Foil Stamp?
Foil can be applied to most paper stocks. However, the ideal paper stock for metallic foil or other foil stamps is gloss cover or other stocks with a smooth surface. Linen or other textured papers can be a challenge for foil due to their uneven surfaces, as the foil may not look as crisp.
Business cards, brochures, presentation folders, greeting cards, note cards, invitations or diplomas and certificates
are some of the endless possibilities that you can foil stamp. Add a touch of class to your marketing materials with elegant and affordable foil stamping. Learn more about designing print materials for foil stamping
Because of the extensive setup involved, a minimum quantity of 250 pieces is required.
Request our custom printing effects sample
to see examples of these effects first-hand.
Need creative or technical advice on using foil stamping on your next printing project?Give our print experts a call at 800-930-2423, or Get Pricing.
Get Pricing for Hot Foil Stamping
PFL is a marketing technology company that provides printing, mailing, fulfillment, and marketing automation services to over 200,000 businesses from startups to the Fortune 500. Our 100,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art facility provides a one-stop shop for all your company's needs, from marketing advice, design services, sustainable print and mailing solutions since 1996. Our highly qualified team of 300+ employees deliver exceptional print quality with award-winning customer service backed by our A+ BBB rating and 100% satisfaction guarantee.