So, you’re launching a new business. You have a well-articulated business plan and projections for your rate of growth. Now comes the fun part, branding your company.
Here are a few pointers before you commit to a design that will be a permanent representation of your brand.
- Take Your Time: The busyness of getting your business launched is going to put some major time constraints on you. Don’t rush into a logo commitment that you will regret months or even weeks later. Slow down. Avoid letting excitement about promoting your new venture rush you into the wrong choice.
- Get Feedback: We all have blind spots. Show your logo options to numerous people you trust both in and outside of your industry. You don’t have to be swayed by every opinion, but extra eyes may see a failing you missed, saving you time and money in the long-run.
- Consider Hiring a Professional: When the budget is tight, you may be tempted to skimp on logo design. However, consider that your logo will have long-term impact on your company image. It is worth the investment. One cost friendly option is to hire a design student and pay them in trade, or food. No matter who you use, make sure you get both black and white and full color versions in vector and other file formats.
- Avoid Boring or Common Concepts: A logo should brand your company. Meaning, it should differentiate you from the market place. Ideally, it will reflect upon your company personality or compliment the product or service you offer. Generic logos litter the commercial space and do little to make you memorable. This blog about overdone logo concepts provides samples of what to avoid.
- Keep it Clean and Simple: Logo’s need to be quickly recognizable. Simple lines that allow for clean reproduction in every medium are important. For example, a detailed logo that incorporates tree branches might look great in print, but when you need to embroider it, you’re in trouble.
The logo collage below should help spark your thinker! When you are ready to make your logo official, contact one of our friendly print experts who will help you get the professional printed products your business needs. We can get you started with business cards, stationery, brochures and promotional pieces.
Need help with your print? Talk to a live print expert today: 800-930-7978.
Tags: logo design