Professional Printing Tips and Resources
Business printing is a lot like preparing for an important presentation. You want to show that you put enough thought and care into how you present yourself and your company. Here are some tips and resources for professional printing to help instill confidence in your clients and business prospects.
Bare Bones for Business Printing
Looking "professional" in print takes more than just a decent design and well-written copy. If you want professional-quality marketing materials, there is no substitute for true 4-color process printing. Offset commercial business printing gives you the best quality and value for the buck.
But don't be fooled into thinking any local or online printer will produce the type of quality that says "credibility." More is involved in professional business printing than simply putting ink on paper.
Your printer should work with you and review your files to ensure your design will look as good as you expect, when you expect it. Choices such as paper stock, fonts and mailing guidelines can be critical in printing an effective marketing piece.
- Thick, 12 or 14pt card stock for your business cards and 80# or higher text for brochures and catalogs give a substantial feel, with either a glossy or matte finish.
- The right layout, fold and size can save you a bundle when preparing direct mail pieces. Talk to the pros on how to save on both printing and postage on your business printing and mailing.
- Request samples of papers and printing. Ask about getting a hard proof or press proof if the color has to be right or you are printing a large order. Check the finish, texture and color to ensure it portrays the professional look and feel your business deserves.
A printer that stands behinds it's work also guarantees it. Check your printer's guarantee policy to understand how they deal with errors or returns.
Find out more about how to choose the right business printing service
Unique Business Printing Needs
- If you're a graphic designer, marketing agency or other print broker or reseller, professional printing is paramount to your business. Consider using a trade printer that offers high quality printing, trained experts and wholesale pricing.
- For organizations with multiple offices, distributors or franchises, or for anyone looking for fast and easy business printing for your employees or associates, a web-to-print professional printing solution may be the best way to obtain quality printing that's hassle-free.
- For startups, professional printing can make the difference in showing you're serious about your new business. Ask about special offers for establishing your business identity, such as business card and stationery packages.
More resources for professional printing:
Print Marketing Tips
Designing Your Layout for Commercial Printing
Graphic Arts Printing Tips and Guidelines for Success