Creative that Works
Educational Series Part 2
Matching the design of your direct mail piece and emails to your company's image may seem like a daunting task, but can actually be fairly simple. Start by taking a look at your Web site (if you have one). Is there a central theme or consistent colors that are used throughout? If you already have some branding in place, carry that look & feel over to your email template or direct mail piece. By creating a consistent image, your customers and prospect will begin to recognize your company just by the tone of your marketing materials.
Direct marketing involves more than just creating a pretty postcard or email to send to your target audience. There are some critical elements that need to be included to optimize your results and get a better return on your printing and email investment.
- Offer - What incentive have you included to get your audience to respond? The offer doesn't have to be hard dollar value. Maybe it's a demo, a free sample, or a useful article or whitepaper.
- Call-to-Action - How does your reader redeem the offer? Do you want them to call you? Email? Visit the Web site? Send in a reply card? Whatever redemption process you choose, make it clear to the recipient.
- Response/Contact Information - Don't forget to include your contact information. Put it in bold right up front so the reader can't miss it!
The next step is to test the effectiveness of your next email or direct mail piece. Give a sample to an unbiased friend and have them look at it for 5 seconds (and only 5 seconds), then put it down and ask them these two questions:
- What is the product or service being offered?
- What is the recipient supposed to do after receiving this postcard or email?
Use the headline to effectively answer the two questions above. Be sure to include a compelling offer - and call it out graphically so it grabs attention.
Ready to get started with email design? Constant Contact makes picking the right email template and customizing it to match your company's image very easy by offering over 400 pre-formatted, customizable templates. Get started with a FREE 60-day trial!
Plus, for a limited time, Constant Contact is providing a special benefit to PFL Customers. If you've never been a Constant Contact customer before, sign up for a FREE 60-day trail and receive a FREE Brand Match email template ($99 value). The Brand Match email template includes your logo and colors from your web site!
Need help designing your next postcard? PrintingForLess.com can provide design assistance or layout services to ensure you get the most bang for your buck.
Learn more about how Constant Contact helps small businesses
Give email marketing a try for free with
Constant Contact 60-day FREE trial