Yes, by all means, mail a postcard of the Roosevelt Arch to your favorite Aunt Gerty, she loves hearing from you. Postcards are indeed for thoughtful vacationers, but more than that, postcards are a tool to expand your business.
According to recent findings by the USPS, direct mail is considered more valuable than any digital method of advertising. The value of reaching out to your potential customers via traditional mail is stronger than ever in light of massive inundation via digital channels. The fact is, postcards get read. Colorful, well designed postcards have the potential to drive consumers to your business for increased sales.
Hundreds of direct mail pieces pass through our presses on a weekly basis. We’ve seen the best and the worst. The design and value of your piece is important because you don’t want the recipient to classify it as “junk mail”.
Equipping you with the knowledge you need to create a successful direct mail piece is a top priority for us. The key is to develop a card that grabs the attention of your target audience and even invites them to interact in unique ways.
POSTCARD IDEAS THAT WILL HELP YOUR DIRECT MAIL PIECE BE A SUCCESS:
- Include a call to action on the postcard (i.e. Bring This Card in Before March 17th to Receive 25% off Your Entire Purchase of $50.00 or more!)
- Incorporate vibrant colors and high-quality images.
- Use a QR Code or Scratch-Off to increase interaction with your postcard.
- Enhance the basic card with visually appealing elements like foil stamping.
- Increase tactile interest with an embossed section or creatively use a die cut.
- Add a coupon or time-sensitive offer; this is a super way to make the piece valuable.
- Consider using scented inks or scratch and sniff to make the mailer original.
- This may seem obvious, but you’d be surprised how often it gets overlooked: Make sure all your contact information is on the piece and, if applicable, your location.
- Don’t make your design too busy. Make sure you have some “white space” for the eye to land on.
- Folds and glued-on extras (i.e. a free song download card with access code) are another way to stand out from the ordinary.