Among our many entries, PFL is excited to award first and second place winners of our ‘Make Work Fun” blog contest!Thanks to everyone who gave us a unique view of how you make your work place your ‘happy place.’ Here are a few tactics we learned from our contestants on how they have fun at work – as well as a couple of PFL’s own strategies:
- Interrupting your day with random 10 minute NERF wars: multiple contestants cited this as a regular occurrence in their work place – and an awesome way to move around, get your blood flowing, and recharge your focus.
- Ongoing daily trivia contests: these small, but exciting competitions between coworkers give everybody something fun to look forward to during the work day.
- Make it memorable: taking a unique, innovative, and get this…FUN approach to small things (like memos and meetings.) This will get everyone’s attention – and won’t be forgotten. For example, one contestant issues all their memos in comic book form!
- At PFL, we allow 15-20 of our employee’s dogs to roam freely about the building! This gives everyone a chance to enjoy their antics, and take frequent mini-breaks to visit their favorite pups during the day.
- PFL also promotes an open floor plan. This is somewhat of an “anti-cubicle” policy, with coworkers desks out in plain view of each other. This allows increased communication for both work and fun!
And the winners are…
First Place Winner – Prize: iPad 2
Element X Creative
Element X truly went above and beyond here, with a plethora of awesome pictures and detailed descriptions. Check out their post, and you’ll see that Element X takes having fun at work to a whole new level!
Second Place Winner – Prize: Amazon Kindle Fire
American Training, Inc.
American Training gave us the rundown on how they live every day in the “WOW Philosophy” – and it rocks! Check out their post, and see how WOW makes every day “outrageouslymemorable.”
Be sure to stay tuned, there will be more awesome blog contests to come!